Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Blog: Creativity and New Media






For this homework assignment I decided to create an avatar thinking it would be the simpler and less time consuming option to making a YouTube video. Boy was I wrong. Creating an account on Second Life in itself is very time consuming (plus their site runs really slow). After entering some personal info like email address, DOB, and picking an avatar I was asked to download the program in order to customize my avatar. This right away annoyed me. I hate downloading unnecessary programs on my laptop especially when I am never going to use it again. Then, after finally seeing there was no way around this download business, I had to run the program to customize. That took FOREVER. Not sure if its that wifi’s fault or the program (although I did try running other sites which worked just fine) but that got me even more annoyed. Anyway, when I finally got on the program and was trying to change my avatar’s clothing, I also kept getting pop ups about upgrading to the paid version of Second Life. Um definitely not. … 

So all in all, what you see above is product of frustration and maybe 10% reflective of me. 

1 comment: